Wednesday 18 February 2009

Hello

I don't really know where to start with this blogging malarkey! I don't usually like writing but it seems like such a good way of documenting my progress and feelings whilst painting that I thought it would be worth a try. I usually go through a lot of emotions whilst painting so I expect there will be a couple of rants along the way, so I will apologise in advance for any bad language and obscene amounts of moaning! I am hoping by being able to look back once the paintings are finished I will realise all the stress is worth it.

Luckily I have just started a painting so I will be able to show the whole process of my work, I plan to photograph the painting along the way so anyone interested can see how my work is developing.

The painting I am currently working on is of a great bloke I have recently met called Kevin, he has a blog too but I don't know how to post links yet! I am planning on doing quite a few paintings of him because he has inspired me greatly. It seems I am not the only one to be inspired by him, there is another very talented artist called Peter Orrock who is also blogging about a painting he is doing of Kevin, yet again I would post a link if I knew how.

I work in a photo realistic style which obviously means I work from photographs. The picture I am working from was taken from a photo shoot I had with Kevin a while ago, it was our first photo shoot and it was really successful, he is a great model and I got loads of great pictures to choose from. I decided to choose the one I am using because it seems like the most classical style pose from the set and this was important to what I am doing for my current college project.


This is the image I am going to paint...




In my next blog entry I will show the first stages of the painting.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your painting. Kevin has modelled for me too. It will be interesting to compare notes as our paintings progress. We will have to work out links and so on along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Kasia and look forward to seeing the finished painting of Kevin. I have always enjoyed the photo realistic style that you employ, my current fave is George Shaw who paints urban scenes with humbrol enamel paints on board.

    ReplyDelete